There are various writing assistance options available through PA College.
- Writing Assistance (in Starfish): Schedule an appointment for assistance in Starfish. You can select an available time that works into your schedule to meet with someone from our writing assistance team.
- Drop-in tutoring: Check out this Academic Support calendar for drop-in tutoring sessions, which includes writing assistance.
- Grammarly: Grammarly automatically detects grammar, spelling, punctuation, word choice, and style mistakes in your writing. The Learning Commons provides access to the premium version of Grammarly, which you can find more information on here.
- Smarthinking (in Blackboard): This is an online tutoring service that provides on-demand tutoring in math, biology, A&P and more. There is also an option where you can submit your writing to get feedback. In Blackboard, look for the Smarthinking box under your list of courses. See below for common questions of which option in Smarthinking to select.
- APA help: Work with a Tutor or Career Coach -> Writing -> APA Formatting
- Questions needing a nursing or health sciences content specialist: Submit My Writing -> Nursing Essays or Allied Health Essays (depends on subject area)
- Help with grammar, mechanics, and formatting: Submit My Writing-> Grammar and Documentation Review
- ESL support: You can schedule an appointment for ESL support in Starfish. In Starfish, look for Academic ESL Support on the My Success Network page to pick a day and time for your appointment.
If you have any questions or issues accessing any of these services, please email: email@example.com