Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Transcultural Health Care by
Publication Date: 2012-09-18
Prepare yourself for the culturally rich and ethically diverse world in which you will practice. Noted researchers, educators, and clinicians from a wealth of backgrounds use the Purnell twelve-step model to examine 33 population groups from a health care perspective. Each brings a personal understanding of the traditions and customs of their societies, providing a unique perspective on the implications for patient care.
Cultural diversity guides
Cultural Diversity in Health Care Guide
This guide provides links to information as well as instructions on how to find information in the library about cultural diversity in health care.
Each month, PA College highlights a different aspect of diversity in our community to help us connect with each other and better appreciate and understand our differences.
There are various writing assistance options available through PA College.
- Writing Assistance (in Starfish): Schedule an appointment for assistance in Starfish. You can select an available time that works into your schedule to meet with someone from our writing assistance team.
- Drop-in tutoring: Check out this Academic Support calendar for drop-in tutoring sessions, which includes writing assistance.
- Grammarly: Grammarly automatically detects grammar, spelling, punctuation, word choice, and style mistakes in your writing. The Learning Commons provides access to the premium version of Grammarly, which you can find more information on here.
- Smarthinking (in Blackboard): This is an online tutoring service that provides on-demand tutoring in math, biology, A&P and more. There is also an option where you can submit your writing to get feedback. In Blackboard, look for the Smarthinking box under your list of courses. See below for common questions of which option in Smarthinking to select.
- APA help: Work with a Tutor or Career Coach -> Writing -> APA Formatting
- Questions needing a nursing or health sciences content specialist: Submit My Writing -> Nursing Essays or Allied Health Essays (depends on subject area)
- Help with grammar, mechanics, and formatting: Submit My Writing-> Grammar and Documentation Review
- Help with a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation: Work with a Tutor or Career Coach -> Computers & Technology -> Microsoft PowerPoint
- ESL support: You can schedule an appointment for ESL support in Starfish. In Starfish, look for Academic ESL Support on the My Success Network page to pick a day and time for your appointment.
If you have any questions or issues accessing any of these services, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Need help with APA formatting, references, and citations? Check out the library's APA guide: http://pacollege.libguides.com/APA You can also schedule an appointment with a librarian in Starfish.
Need more help?
Need some help finding articles? Questions about APA formatting or citations? Ask Amy, your class librarian, for assistance.
You can self-schedule an appointment in Starfish.
- Go to Blackboard or myPortal
- Click on Starfish
- This should take you to the My Success Network page. If not, choose My Success Network from the menu (look for the three lines on the top left to open the menu.)
- In the Health Sciences Library box, select schedule appointment.
Health Sciences Library - Seraph Learning Commons - Cooper Building - 850 Greenfield Road - Lancaster, PA 17601 - Library@PACollege.edu - (717 947-6022).