The College offers writing and other learner support for all students, including graduate students.
- Writing Assistance
- Academic ESL support - ESL tutors are available at select times. If you need ESL assistance, please schedule with our ESL tutors in Starfish.
- Grammarly Premium - This is an online program that instantly checks your grammar. You can download a plug-in that will check your grammar without having to upload your files. The plug-in will also check your grammar in emails and in Blackboard. Click here to download instructions on how to use this program.
- Smarthinking - This is an online tutoring center. You can submit your papers to Smarthinking and a tutor will review it and provide feedback. There is also an option for ESL support when submitting papers in Smarthinking. Please allow 24-48 hours to receive feedback. Smarthinking is linked in Blackboard.
- Drop-in writing assistance - English faculty hold drop-in hours in the Learning Commons to help you with any aspect of your writing assignments. Some of this assistance is face to face and some is virtual. Click here to access our Academic Support Calendar which lists times for writing assistance.
- Other learner support available - Contact Learner Support Coordinator Elizabeth Ashley and visit our Learner Support page. You may also schedule appointments with Elizabeth via Starfish - Learning Commons - Learner Support.
- Test taking
- Note taking
- Study skills
- Time management
Learn more about the Learning Commons and learner support on our portal page.